He taste of garlic makes any meal a little more special, even if it’s in a toast with only oil, to make a garlic sauce or to change the flavor of the oil. In any form it is always a success, but if we turn it into a sweeter alternative there is no doubt that it will surely succeed.
In this recipe we take into account the widespread popularity of garlic and that is why we are going to make it the protagonist, in a delicious puff pastry cake with caramelized garlic and goat cheese with which you can achieve an incredible result without much complication and with ingredients that you surely already had at home.
You don’t lose anything by trying it, so go ahead and make this cake, because if you are a true garlic lover you will not regret it.
Garlic cake ingredients
- 1 sheet of puff pastry. Approximate price 1.15 euros
- 3 heads of garlic. Approximate price 2.09 euros
- 120 g of goat cheese. Approximate price 3.29 euros
- 2 eggs. Approximate price 2.19 euros
- 100 ml of liquid whipping cream. Approximate price 1.45 euros
- 100 g of crême fraîche. Approximate price 1.89 euros
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of Modena vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation of caramelized garlic for a savory tart
- We cover the mold with the puff pastry sheet and cover it with baking paper. We place dried legumes on top.
- We place the mold in the oven, preheated to 180 ºC and bake for 20 minutes. After this time, we remove the legumes and the paper and bake for another 5 or 10 minutes until the dough is golden. We reserve it and leave the oven on.
- While the dough is cooking, place the garlic in a small saucepan and cover it with plenty of water. We put the saucepan on the fire and blanch them for about 3 minutes at low temperature. We drain them, dry the saucepan and put the garlic back in the olive oil. We fry them over high heat for two minutes.
- Add the water and balsamic vinegar and bring it to a boil. When it starts to boil, lower the heat and let it cook for ten minutes.
- Add the sugar, rosemary, thyme and salt and let it boil for another ten minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates and the garlic cloves are covered in a dark caramel.
- To assemble the cake, spread the cheeses and caramelized garlic over the puff pastry. In a bowl we beat the eggs, cream, crême fraîche, salt and pepper and pour this mixture over the mold, filling the spaces.
- We lower the oven temperature to 160 ºC and cook between 35 and 45 minutes or until the filling is set and the surface is golden.
Garlic It is a source of minerals such as iodine, phosphorus and potassium, as well as vitamins of group B and C. “The properties are based above all on the sulfur components it contains (allicin, allyl/diallyl sulfides),” highlights the FEN. Its healing effects are manifested, above all, when ingested raw, but many experts consider that it continues to maintain its properties once cooked.
One of the benefits of garlic is that contributes to lowering blood pressure high and arteriosclerosis. It is also used as a dietary supplement for treat various conditions such as cholesterol high in blood, cold or to prevent cancer diseases.
The effect of this supplement on cholesterol reduction is a controversial issue, since various studies claim that it does not reduce “bad” cholesterol at all, while others have shown that helps reduce cholesterol concentrations total and low-density lipoprotein, as highlighted in MSD Manuals.
Properties of garlic per 100 g:
- Caloric value 114 Kcal
- Carbohydrates 23.4 g
- Protein 5.7 g