NEW YORK — There was another deadly fire caused by a lithium-ion battery Saturday.
Flames broke out at a Bronx apartment complex around 4 p.m. on Olinville Avenue in the Allerton section.
A man in his 60s was rushed to the hospital but did not survive.
The FDNY says a lithium-ion battery sparked the fire.
It’s a dangerous problem we’re seeing more of in the city. So far, they’ve sparked more than 30 fires this year.
Thanks for reading CBS NEWS.
Create your free account or log in
for more features.